Saturday, November 24, 2012

Catching Dreams & Living Them

“Hold fast to dreams. For if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.” James Langston Hughes

My Personal Dream Catcher



I'm a big advocate when it comes to Everyone living out there dreams! It's one of the most important things that one should do in their lives. But so many times in my personal experience I've came across people who were to afraid to embark on their journey so they settled for a 9-5 that they absolutely dread (rolls over & hits the snooze button) Well I'm definitely not a motivational speaker but I can give you tips that personally helped me on my self-employed journey & freedom :
  1. Do research on your field of interest- No matter what your dreams are in life, take the time out to study what you want to do. (books, dvds, groups, etc)
  2. Have at least 2 mentors - Find mentors that's doing the same thing that you want to do & also get a mentor who owns their own business.
  3. Surround yourself with positive people who encourages you - Many times you'll come across someone (family, friends, teachers) who wont believe in your dreams and  they'll try to discourage you. Remember a person who tries to discourage you from your dreams 9 out of 10 times they're not living their own dreams.
  4. Fear and Laziness- We can all fall victim of these two words but look up the definitions and do the OPPOSITE of it. 
  5. Don't worry about failing- Each failure leads to lessons which in returns leads to success. Without failure how does one improve?
  6. Most importantly have FAITH!!!!!!
Whatever your dreams maybe you can achieve and live them or you can wake up every single morning living someone else dreams. What's your choice???
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This was such a powerful post. We only get one life to live, so why not live the life we all DREAM of! Think it, pray over it, act it and speak those dreams into existence..I know I did, thanks to the encouragement of my bestie Bella Myia :)

    ReplyDelete